Rochdale Draft Core Strategy August 2012
The Core Strategy is a borough-wide strategic framework for growth and development up to 2028. It includes policies that set out the broad scale and location of new housing and employment development, transport and environmental policies and policies for determining planning applications.
We have produced a Draft Core Strategy to give residents and stakeholders the opportunity to comment on our propsals. This will give the Council the opportunity to make any necessary changes arising from these comments before proceeding to the formal Publication stage.
The consultation on the Draft Core Strategy runs from 13 August to 24 September 2012.
Viewing the documents
You can view this Draft Core Strategy and other key documents:
- On-line via the website link at the bottom of this page;
- At Council Customer Service Centres and libraries (opening times can be found via www.rochdale.gov.uk), either as hard copies or via the website below; or
- At the Planning Reception, Floor 1, Telegraph House, Baillie Street, Rochdale.
If you require further information about this consultation or the Core Strategy please contact 01706 924373 or LDF.firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to comment
Comments on the proposals must be made by Monday 24 September 2012.
The easiest way to comment is using the on-line portal via the website below. Please note that whilst you do not need to register to view the documents you will need to register to make any comments online.
Alternatively you can send us your comments to Strategic Planning, Planning and Regulation Services, RMBC, Telegraph House, Baillie Street, Rochdale,OL16 1JH. Or you can email us your comments to LDF.email@example.com. If you are using these two methods to comment it would be helpful if you could use use the comments form which can be downloaded from the website below or which can be obtained from libraries and Customer Service Centres.
If you write or email please give us your contact details and the policy or section you are commenting on.
Want to know more?
You may also attend one of the Township Committee meetings below, which will include as part of the general meeting a brief overview of the document along with feedback on any key issues raised during the consultation.
- Heywood Township - Phoenix Centre, Church Street, Heywood Monday 10 September 2012, 6.30pm
- Pennines Township - St James' CE Primary School, Crossfield Road, Wardle Tuesday 11 September 2012, 6.15pm
- Rochdale Township - No's 1 & 2 Committee Rooms - Rochdale Town Hall Wednesday 12 September 2012, 6.15pm
- Middleton Township - Middleton Arena, Corporation St, Middleton Thursday 13 September 2012, 6.15pm